** Page Tabs **

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ginger, please...

Did you know that I am surrounded by some of the most awesome people? On Earth? Ever?!

If my life were a television series (or a Dickens novel), you can imagine the supporting cast of characters that I interact with. How else to you think I come up with these stories? 'Cause let me tell you a secret...I can't make this stuff up. My imagination is good, but not that good.

For example..take this gem of a quote from my friend, Janet.

"You think you could pull off this outfit BETTER than me?!
Ginger, please!
You couldn't pull off a band-aid, let alone this outfit."

Janet was getting slack from a co-worker who...shall we say...does not share her slim physique and bold sense of style. But the co-worker thinks she does. It's an unspoken, running joke at Janet's office that her co-worker's wardrobe has much to be desired; her clothes are too young, obviously cheap knock-offs, and do nothing for her assets. Anytime Janet wears something new, the clueless co-worker speculates how the new jacket/shoes/etc will work in her wardrobe...

Janet, tired of the denial, finally snapped.

Janet also calls people "ginger" regardless of hair color. I'm not sure if this is intended as an insult to redheads or a Southern censorship-thing (like saying "fiddlesticks" or "shut the front door"). Poor gingers...they always get misunderstood...

Up and to your right, you'll notice the visual aid part of this presentation/blog-post. Someone brilliant (can't find the original citation on Pinterest) imagined if the Doctor and his companions had to trade their signature outfits. Obviously, Eleven got the short end of the skirt.
Do  you like what I did there? Wordplay. Nailed it.


[If you don't understand the Doctor Who reference, I feel sorry for you. Go to YouTube, search "Doctor Who", and watch everything that pops up. Or come back next week because I'm planning on documenting my obsession with a certain BBC show. It'll be a big blog of wibbly wobbly...time-y wimey...stuff.]


No comments:

Post a Comment