** Page Tabs **

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster

So I had to stay home from work today to take care of my dad; he busted his knee at work and Mom had meetings she couldn't reschedule. Since I’m not getting paid and/or can do my research at home, I was elected as “Caregiver du Jour”.  

I’m not very motivated when working from home. I just couldn't focus on wills and joint tenancies and such...so I put my time to better use. I watched Doctor Who.

I finally saw “The Stolen Earth” and “Journey’s End”, the last episodes of Season 4! They’re also known as the beginning of the end of David Tennant’s era. I knew I needed complete concentration, minimum distractions, and privacy. This is serious television watching, people! I knew I was embarking on an emotional rollercoaster, but knowledge of the fact does not deter from the experience.
My mascara was not prepared for this...
You know when you were in middle school and you would get butterflies in your stomach when you saw your crush? You could literally feel this ball of happiness in your gut as it floated up to your throat. You’d get choked up and couldn’t breathe. Your heart started racing. You wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. The emotions you’re experiencing are so sad…yet, so exquisite. You just have to smile at the beautiful tragedy of it all.

Oh the emotions!!! You would have thought my dog had simultaneously died while Prince Harry was proposing marriage. If anyone had observed me during those glorious two and a half hours, they would have thought I'd lost my mind. Because of a television show.

Now, I’m not going to reveal any spoilers for those of you who haven’t seen “Journey’s End”. Even though I had a vague notion of what would happen (Wikipedia research), I can now appreciate my friends’ loyalty to David Tennant and Russell T. Davies. My first Doctor was Matt Smith and Stephen Moffat was the head writer when I started watching Who. So I’ve had a warped impression of who the Doctor is and who he should be
But I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...
  • Amy is the coolest companion. Nope! Donna will kick Amy’s ass from Leadworth to Chiswick any day of the week. Amy needs sexy adventure and flirting. Donna just wanted to travel the stars and learn what's out there and experience life and become a better person. She didn't think she was anyone special, but she was SO wrong. And isn't that the best kind of companion? 
  • Eleven and River Song was the ultimate love story. False. Ten and Rose will forever and always be the most romantic story of all space and time. I can’t even count how many times Rose and/or the Doctor have their hearts broken. Eventually, Rose gets a version of a happy ending. The Doctor just...walks away. Heartbroken. And alone. Again.
  • Matt Smith is a sexy Doctor. Yeah right, no one thinks that. Matt is precious. He's funny. He's an awkward giraffe you just want to hug. Don't get me wrong, I'd jump him in a heartbeat. But I never thought "hmmm...he's the human version of something dipped in chocolate." Now David Tennant...my ovaries explode every time I see those dark soulful eyes...... 
...wait, I got distracted...what was I saying?!
Oh yeah...so now I understand why people love Ten and Donna and Rose so much. It's a full circle, and it starts with the first episode. You can't bypass a single moment because it all builds up to those two episodes. Excellent writing, Davies. Well done. 


Now...all I have is watch David Tennant's last specials and I'll be all caught up! I haven't decided if I'm excited or depressed...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment