** Page Tabs **

Saturday, June 15, 2013

My time. My world.

So...it's been about a year since I last updated this blog. Frankly, A LOT has gone down. I've really been humbled and had to swallow my pride. I've had to work my ass off and pinch my pennies like never before. I've barely seen my family, let alone my friends. I still have no idea what my long term plans are. I have a vague idea of my short term goals. So I feel like I'm in the same place I was four years ago.

That being said, I have discovered a few more things about myself that I didn't know four years ago.
  • I have the unconditional love of a five pound chihuahua. Mr. Big has enriched my life, even if he pees on the bathmat occasionally. No matter how tired, grouchy, or hungry I am, I always feel better after a long walk with Big. I can't imagine life without the little bugger.
  • Family is all you've got in the end. My dad, who never flies or takes vacations, brought my mom to visit me for Mother's Day. He hates Boston, but he came to see me. That says a lot. He's been so supportive, even when he grumbles. Jody is an amazing guy, so I'm proud to call him my brother and best friend. And Mom...well, what more can I say about Big Ma T?
  • You never know your limits until your back is to the wall. fifteen hour work days? You can do it when you have to make rent. Twenty-one days without a day off? You keep going. You do what you have to do sometimes.
  • Little things in life make you happy. A new episode of Doctor Who? Ok! David Tennant and Catherine Tate in Much Ado About Nothing? Hello, best three hours of my weekend! A new Alex and Ani bracelet? Score!
  • I'm addicted to coffee. I thought I was before this year. I was wrong. So, so wrong.
  • I miss writing. I miss outlining and researching essays. I miss critical analysis. I really miss creative non-fiction. I have a voice that's all my own; if people only knew half the things that I think, but don't say aloud.
The last bullet explains the renewal of this blog. Each time I've tried to revamp it, I start writing for the audience I want. I find myself censoring my posts. Over editing. Then it became too time-consuming and posts became fewer and fewer...until it's a year between posts. So screw that crap! I'm writing for me now. So there will be cussing because I have a dirty mouth. There will be bitching because I need to vent too. And there will be name dropping because I know a lot of characters.

You have been warned. Welcome to my world (again).

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on writing to an audience and not for yourself. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora, I love you and miss you. I hate that I haven't seen you or the rest of the Brain Trust in so long-- we have lots to catch up on I'm sure! --jessy

    ReplyDelete