Whew! I haven't had a proper Cora-has-a-day-all-to-herself since I came back to Georgia. Every weekday is work and each weekend is packed with social events. We finally have a hearing tomorrow about my first case this summer; I have to turn in a petition for a motion for summary judgement first thing in the morning for Rich to review. I also had a jam packed weekend (which deserves its own blog later in the week) which left no time for contracts and short sales.
In short, I deserve an afternoon of Doctor Who and wine and trolling Pinterest.
|My Timelord boyfriend just broke up with me via hologram...|
Regardless, I am adamant to be more consistent with this blog. I really want to make Mix-tape Mondays a regular thing. Here's my playlist when I'm emotionally needy, but not quite desperate enough for an actual relationship...aka the "Why Aren't You My Boyfriend?" playlist. I've included the lyrics which I rewind over and over. Did I mention that I have a thing for sensitive singer-songwriters?
- "Church Clothes" by Matt Nathanson ~ What I wear like church clothes / you wear just like jewelry / all the simple things you revel in / they just suffocate me
- "Lost Myself in Search of You" by Matt Nathanson ~ And as you slipped away / I found myself lost in search of you
- "Counting to 100" by Matt Wertz ~ So you go I hide / and I'll come seek / maybe someday in the middle / we just might meet
- "Pretty Girl" by David Ryan Harris ~ You are the book that I want to read / in braille, cover to cover
- "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane ~ Oh simple thing where have you gone? / I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
- "Work" by Jimmy Eat World ~ Work and play are never okay / to mix the way we do
- "Tiny Dancer" by Ben Folds ~ Looking on she sings the songs / the words she knows, the tune she hums
- "Baby Blue Eyes" by A Rocket to the Moon ~ And I may feel like a fool / but I'm the only one dancing with you
- "Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson ~ So come one get higher, loosen my lips / faith and desire and the sway of your hips
- "Save Room" by John Legand ~ Just a little bit of love / is worth a moment of your time
- "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie ~ And she fights for her life / as she puts on her coat . and sh fights for her life on the train
- "Do You Realize" by The Flaming Lips ~ Do you realize / that happiness makes you cry?